Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Vibration Driving Me Crazy

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vibration Driving Me Crazy

I'm not sure if this belongs in this section but i've been frustrated with this vibration for years now. First of all I have a 2000 LS1 Camaro SS and I put on adjustable rear lower control arms, adjustable torque arm, lowering springs, adjustable panhard rod, bmr swaybars front and rear with poly links and bushings, powerslot rotors. Now ever since i've had a vibration from like 65 on up but it is really bad right between 70-75 under load(give it gas) but it seems to go away when I let off the gas. I know what your going to say but as of today I basically put the car back to stock to figure out what is causing this vibration- stock torque arm,stock panhard rod, stock springs. The only things that are not stock is the front and rear sway bars, the rear poly bushings but I have the stock rubber links on the rear and poly links on the front. The torque arm bushing at the tranny is brand new-two days old, and the trans. mount is also brand new-1 month old. I thought maybe it was the ujoints but I replaced them both and the vibration is still there. I just balanced the tires and had the wheels checked and they are ok. The rear end seems to be fine. I just don't know where to turn, its driving me crazy. Everytime I get to 70mph and give it some gas the whole car shakes including my seats, pedals, shifter, mirrors, door panels ect. I would be extremely happy if someone could help me out with some advise on how to fix this. The only other thing I can think of is that I need a road force wheel balance but that doesn't explain why the vibration goes away when I let off the gas between 70-75. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any responses, Mike.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:49 PM
11 Second Club

was the vibration their be for the after market parts?

i had a vibe and it came around at 60 and at 65ish i was scared to go faster. i tried every thing, the last thing i could do was replace my d/s and that took care of it for me. and i also had new u-joints on it too. there is a metal ring with rubber in it "balancer" on the slip yolk i guess there all starting to go bad
Old 09-25-2007, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a bad vibration at high speeds on right turns. Still havnt figured it out after 2 years.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

that may be a wheel bearing

Quick Reply: Vibration Driving Me Crazy