Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How can I tell if my Koni are shot?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How can I tell if my Koni are shot?

The front end took a substantial impact from underneath and I'm not sure if my front koni shocks/struts are ok ? Car seems to not be quite as tight at high speeds as it was. Seems to have more float than before. I also get some slight dipping and bobbing on high speed braking I didnt have before. At first I thought it was just ruts in the road but now I'm not so sure. Car also seems to pull to the left under extreme acceleration as well. Whole new UMI front end installed but the struts were never looked at. ?

20-70mph seesm fine but 70-130 isnt what it used to be as far as ride goes and handling and braking. Slightly softer is I guess what I'd call it. It seems to be more work to control.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
The front end took a substantial impact from underneath and I'm not sure if my front koni shocks/struts are ok ? Car seems to not be quite as tight at high speeds as it was. Seems to have more float than before. I also get some slight dipping and bobbing on high speed braking I didnt have before. At first I thought it was just ruts in the road but now I'm not so sure. Car also seems to pull to the left under extreme acceleration as well. Whole new UMI front end installed but the struts were never looked at. ?

20-70mph seesm fine but 70-130 isnt what it used to be as far as ride goes and handling and braking. Slightly softer is I guess what I'd call it. It seems to be more work to control.
What exactly was installed? Did the car feel like this before, or after the install?
Old 09-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

post install feeling. The konis were on there before the crash but after the crash I had UMI K member and a arms installed and a new spindle on one side.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try to adjust them. if the adjuster is stuck or turns forever they are internally broken.

Koni may replace for free under warranty... you may want to just not mention the impact part.