Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I thought Koni SAs were externally adjustable? Pic

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I thought Koni SAs were externally adjustable? Pic

Waiting for all my parts to come in so I can start throwing them on, and the shocks were the first to arrive. I ordered the 4/3 combo but am not sure if I might have gotten th wrong front shocks. I was under the impression there was an external dial you adjust. I don't see one.

Are these the third gen ones?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

The adjustment is at the very top before the threads. If I had a pic I would show you.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86
The adjustment is at the very top before the threads. If I had a pic I would show you.
I see the + and - but when I rotate it it doesn't adhere to any rules so I didn't think it was doing anything.

I rotate it in one direction and I can feel clicks, like over 15 of them and it was still going. I rotate it the other way and it clicks once then just smoothly rotates like it's doing nothing.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

If they dont have an external adjustment on the shock body, then they are the third gen ones.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

are you sure youre doing it right. you dont rotate the ring that says + -. you need an allen wrench that you insert into a window cut into the shock. youll see a silver ring with a hole in it. THATS the adjustment. make sure youre using an allen wrench or similar to adjust it.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

Also, there should be NO "clicks". There are only point to point (within that slot/window) "sweeps" of the allen wrench/nail/whatever you use. the best way to adjust is to sweep it all the way to - , then count the full sweeps towards the +. This is what people are talking about when they give a rebound "number" for adjustment.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought third gen rears were not externally adjustable. I know the fourth gen front need an allen wrench to be adjusted and the rears have the **** to adjust them.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
are you sure youre doing it right. you dont rotate the ring that says + -. you need an allen wrench that you insert into a window cut into the shock. youll see a silver ring with a hole in it. THATS the adjustment. make sure youre using an allen wrench or similar to adjust it.
Correct. In the pic in the first post, the shock on the left has the window visible. In that slot (the window) is a small hole where you can put a 2.5mm allen wrench. THAT is what moves.

-Mike
Old 10-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Thanks for all the replies, I got it figured out now.

I'm used to seeing other designs.