Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking to lower the car...just a few ?'s

Old 10-08-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Looking to lower the car...just a few ?'s

I would like to get an overall drop of about 1". I'd like the front to be a bit lower than the back. So 1.2" in the front if that's possible.

Are there more kits like this: http://www.lmperformance.com/16549/1.html available.

This one is obviously a bit too low for me, but it's lower in the front like I want. Could you please provide a link to some good lowering springs for the price. I've leaning towards the Eibach Pro Kit cuz I did a search and everyone who uses em seems to like them and its an ok street/strip set up. I've actually searched for hours to see what people would say but all the posts are years old. I don't take my car to the strip very often at all, so this is for a mostly street application.

Thx guys
Old 10-08-2007, 06:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Strano springs..... Yeah, I'm biased, but if you do a search you'll find my springs do pretty much exactly what you are looking for. Most LS1's end up sitting 26" front, 26.75" rear ride height measured ground to fender.

Plus there are lots of pics to see, here are some:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/688764-suspension-parts.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/783782-installed-strano-springs-koni-4-4-s-pics-inside.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/653781-strano-springs-pics.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/576054-before-after-pics-strano-springs.html

As always, thanks to those folks who posted the pics....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow those look pretty good...can I get a price quote? I'll probably be waiting till the spring to do this, but I'll keep your site as a bookmark so I know which ones to go with.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Currently $269 shipped. May or maynot be that price in the spring, can't really save given the cost of shipping these days.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand how you'd want me to buy now...but I'm waiting even if the price goes up. Thx again
Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

One more question..what's the difference between these and the Hotchkis springs...not sure how to spell that.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there ANY way to decrease the total drop of springs?

i know a company makes small spacers for the front shock mounts...i think they give you 1/4" of "lift"

what could be done to the rears? spacers under the spring isolator?

i fear that 1.25" drop is a bit too much...
i've considered just doing the koni lower perch/hose mod....but would like to have the added benefit of stiffer springs.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I saw simply pointing out that the price might well go up. I only mentioned it because folks often kick themselves for waiting. Waiting is fine, and doesn't hurt my feelings.

Hotchkis springs are completely different. They are fully progressive (rate always changes depending on amount they are compressed). They are harder to install because the spring compressor gets caught between the tightest coils and is really hard to remove. And they weigh about 16 pounds more per set than do mine. Ride heights are usually pretty similar, but from time to time you see a car that's much lower on them. They aren't quite as consistant. We sell those as well, they are, in the end about the same price after shipping.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teke184
is there ANY way to decrease the total drop of springs?

i know a company makes small spacers for the front shock mounts...i think they give you 1/4" of "lift"

what could be done to the rears? spacers under the spring isolator?

i fear that 1.25" drop is a bit too much...
i've considered just doing the koni lower perch/hose mod....but would like to have the added benefit of stiffer springs.
You and I are in the same boat...

And you reminded me the BMR made some aluminum spacers for the front... I completely forgot about that. And others may make similar items too.

And for the rear... you can cut a donut shape out of 3/8, 1/2 or 3/4 or whatever thickness plywood and zip tie it to the top of the spring isolator to get the lift in the back that you want.

Thats what I'm going to do I just made up my mind

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to lower the car...just a few ?'s