Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

brake line problem on front hose

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake line problem on front hose

So first of all this is about a 1974 corvette. I have been working on this project for about 4 weeks and everything was going really well up until about 2 days ago when I decided to replace the brake system. I was working on the front set of brakes and just finished removing the caliper and started to remove the front hose from the line. Now i am guessing this is a rust problem but it seems that no matter how much WD-40 I put on the bolt it would no come free. So I am pretty much stuck since the car is not going anywhere without brakes. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on what to do in order to get the line loose from the hose without rounding it anymore than I already have.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if it's a project car, it may be time to think about replacing all the steel lines and hoses with some new stuff (expensive yes, but so is smacking a wall if your brakes fail)
As for the immediate problem try some PB Blaster and maybe a little heat to get the hose loose from the line, if the nut is rounded off try using a metric wrench that's slightly smaller than the standard size, or if all else fails, vise grips to the rescue

Quick Reply: brake line problem on front hose