Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

jegster torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default jegster torque arm

looked at the jegster adjustable torque arm. looks like a decent set up. is there anyone using it on here with success?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im using it, and my car is full weight. I like it alot, and it works well, even with my Moser 9" rear. 1.6-1.7 60 ft times on 255/50/16 MT DR's. Its very nice for the price. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:45 AM
10 Second Club

i cut a 1.66 on my factory suspension but im looking to get in the mid 1.5's how does the car hook on the street? and does it wheel hop under braking like ive heard?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XX11SECZXX
i cut a 1.66 on my factory suspension but im looking to get in the mid 1.5's how does the car hook on the street? and does it wheel hop under braking like ive heard?
I have never had any wheelhop whatsoever with this Torque arm. The car hooks surprisingly well on the street as well, even on street tires. I went from cutting 2.0 60fts to 1.6's consistantly with the addition of Strange SA front shocks, and the Jegster Torque arm...with the same tires.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I personally would add a plate inside the triangle on the arm to reinforce it. I would also use another saddle-shaped plate to sandwich the floorboard to install the mount, and possibly weld it. I've heard of people (who may or may not have installed it properly) ripping gashes in the tunnel sheet metal.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
I personally would add a plate inside the triangle on the arm to reinforce it. I would also use another saddle-shaped plate to sandwich the floorboard to install the mount, and possibly weld it. I've heard of people (who may or may not have installed it properly) ripping gashes in the tunnel sheet metal.
Thanks for the heads up, i had never heard of that. I heard a few people damaging the T/A itself but never ripping the floor apart. I would think it would be hard to actually rip it because the saddle used for mounting is a very large piece, and quite sturdy...perhaps if not installed correctly so it wasn't flush to the floor, or if the bolts weren't tight enough. After also using a couple other Trans-tunnel mounted Torque arms on other cars, I honestly don't see how this design of mounting to the chassis is any weaker.