Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Shocks

I want to stiffen up the front on the SS. I have heard that the LT1 shocks were stiffer than the LS1. You think it might make it less floaty on the highway? They cant be too stiff though, coz it is my DD....I was thinking I could get the LT1 Z28 shocks and throw em on the SS....If this is true, know of anyone selling them......if not, any suggestions.....I drive a '02 btw....
Old 10-30-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Stock factory shocks suk! don't waste your time or $.

Go with Bilstein or koni shocks and after-market sway bars from Sam Strano.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SStreetmachine
I want to stiffen up the front on the SS. I have heard that the LT1 shocks were stiffer than the LS1. You think it might make it less floaty on the highway? They cant be too stiff though, coz it is my DD....I was thinking I could get the LT1 Z28 shocks and throw em on the SS....If this is true, know of anyone selling them......if not, any suggestions.....I drive a '02 btw....
if you want to loose the floaty feeling get some Konis (bilstiens are still on backorder). Your car will ride better than stock.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Junkie

I would agree that for the money, you have better options than stock LT1 shocks or at least look into it.

If your future direction is going to lead toward lowering the car, I would also recommend konis for your current setup. They are a great all around shock that can be adjusted to work well with almost all aftermarket springs out there. They are a little more money, but you are getting great shocks that you should never have to replace.

If you can't afford them, I'd talk to Sam Strano. There's a lot of shocks out there available and he can steer you in the right direction if you tell him your budget amount.