Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default UMI Questions.

Im looking at these........

Subframe Connectors--3-point, Bolt-in Add To Cart View Cart
Part #: 2004
Brand: UMI
Price: $299.00

and these.

Torque Arm w/ Driveshaft Loop-- Tunnel Brace Mount, Long Tube Header Add To Cart View Cart
Part #: 2203
Price: $399.00

Anyone know if these will work together? Looks liek they mount in the same spot. Also do i need to buy this kit.

Torque Arm Relocation Kit - Manual Add To Cart View Cart
Part #: 2207
Price: $239.00
so that the TQ arm will work on my car.

also how do people like UMI?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBenz
Im looking at these........

Subframe Connectors--3-point, Bolt-in Add To Cart View Cart
Part #: 2004
Price: $299.00

and these.

Torque Arm w/ Driveshaft Loop-- Tunnel Brace Mount, Long Tube Header Add To Cart View Cart
Part #: 2203
Price: $399.00

Anyone know if these will work together? Looks liek they mount in the same spot. Also do i need to buy this kit.

Torque Arm Relocation Kit - Manual Add To Cart View Cart
Part #: 2207
Price: $239.00
so that the TQ arm will work on my car.

also how do people like UMI?

The SFC's will work with a tunnel mount TA. But you mentioned a tunnel mount TA (the 2203), along with a relocation bracket for a full-length TA (the 2207). The 2203 does not need the 2207.

The 2203 just gives you a shorter than stock TA that then attaches to the tunnel brace mount. The 2207 is actually a replacement transmission cross-member that incorporates a new off the transmission mount for stock or full-length UMI TA. I prefer this as that is a much stronger part of the floorpan, and if you want a Driveshaft loop, that can be added be itself.

If you have any questions, let me know.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-11-2007, 05:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Like Sam mentioned if you use the tunnel mount torque arm #2203 with out 3-Point SFC's #2004 there is no need for the relocation kit #2207. The tunnel mounted torque arm works excellent with the 3-Point SFC's, we actually recommend this because it reduces the stress off the floor caused by the torque arm since the SFC's bolt under it. We have single digit cars that run that exact same set-up. You can also reference the picture below. Hope that helps!
Ryan

Old 11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok im a little lost.

Ok so i would like to get #2003 and #2004. Will i need #2007 for my TA and SFC to look like the picture you posted?

To me it looks like the picture has 2003 2004 and 2007. maybe i need a clear pic of what #2003 comes with.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:19 PM
FormerVendor

#2207 is what we call a torque arm relocation kit. It is a new transmission crossmeber with a built in torque arm mount. This allows you to use the stock torque arm or a aftermarket stock length torque arm but mount it off the transmission. From the factory the torque arm bolts to the tail shaft, this kit removes it. This is only a crossmember and does not include a torque arm.

Item # 2203 is a short torque arm. This kit includes a new torque arm and a mount to bolt it into. The mount bolts behind the transmission crossmember making this torque arm much shorter then the factory torque arm.

Take a look at the pictures below and compare. If you need more help please give us a call and we will be glad to discuss it to help you better understand.

This picture shows #2207 installed. Notice how the transmission is bolted into the same mount as the torque arm. Also note where the SFC's are bolted.

This picture shows one of our tunnel mounted torque arms, similar to #2203 but with no drive shaft loop. Notice how it is back further and ties into the 3-Point SFC's, also notice how we are still using the factory transmission crossmember.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK now i see. Whats better to run for a street set up a shorter TA or a longer TA. Is there any draw backs on running #2003 over 2007 with a stock length TA?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:43 AM
FormerVendor

Hello,

The shorter torque arms are recommended for drag racing, they work well on the street as well but are not recommended for handling.

If the vehicle is going to be exposed to high handling conditions we recommend the longer stock length torque arm. Also if the vehicle is a daily driver and does not see the track mush at all the longer torque arm will offer more street comfort. This is the item I am referring to- www.umiperformance.com/2205

Thanks!
Ryan