Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

newbie lowering question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default newbie lowering question.

I am rather new to the suspension world and am looking to change the stance my car has got. Primarily the car is used for cruising around on the streets during weekends, but once in awhile it gets used for drag racing. I just put a set of 18X10.5 and 17X9. They are Z06 Motorsport wheels. I just really want to give the car a nice agressive stance. I am not really into just throwing a set of lowering springs on to the thing and thats it. The car needs new struts and shocks anyway. So I am planning on doing them along with the springs, and possibly adj. panhard, boxed lca's and relocation brackets. Since the car has 17's on the front I am kinda thinking the front should be a little bit lower to help pull off the difference in size. Let me know what you guys think any ideas etc. Here are some pics of the car as it sits now just to give you guys an idea.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Call Sam Strano @ stranoparts.com, he'll tell you everything you need to know.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

The internet is not the place to get setup advice. I'm happy to help, you'll need to call me, I can't recommend things via the web, I don't have enough detail, and it's very hard to explain why somethings are not good in this medium. It's why people still travel for work to meet people, and have teleconferencing vs. just e-mail.

It's good you don't just want to throw springs on alone. But there are other issues I'd like to discuss. Boxed LCA's are a big one, as they don't let the axle move in all the ways it needs to for the best ride and traction anytime other than when you are going straight.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: newbie lowering question.