Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear suspension Set-ups POST !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear suspension Set-ups POST !!

I know alot of you piece together your set-ups and alot buy so called Trac-pac's ..... what seems to work best ?? I need new TQ arm,LCA's,Re-locate brackets--- I have an adj panhard i installed when i lowered and intrax springs already installed ---- so whatya got , does it work and lets see some pics ----also wouldnt this make a great GP in time for Christmas ?I guess what im looking for is a good all around suspension ... something i can cut 1.5 60 foot's at the track as well as drive around on the street with out the feel of a caddy float. I mean take a look out there guys ... our options are endless ....ive seen rear sway bars that look like they belong on a semi-truck to company's claiming ya dont need a rear sway bar to the diffrence in LCA's (ONLY 8 different kinds) to the diffrence in Trans Mounted and relocated Torque arms ... what gives ??? What are you guys using that produces results ??
Old 11-19-2007, 10:37 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

whats best will depend on what your car has for power, transmission, and driving style. if you're the avg. 400-500 rwhp, m6, street/strip car, then a tunnel mounted torque arm would be the answer. lca's are lca's. they all do the same thing, and this goes for relocators, also. bolt-ins... stay away from. relocators will require adjustable lca's to re-align the rearend.

my setup uses all chromemoly tubing, and teflon-lined Aurora heim joints. the tunnel mount crossmember features a 4 hole adjustable pivot link for the torque arm to mount in. the pivot link mount is available in a urethane bushed(street use-no noise) or solid for race use only. the torque arm uses a teflon lined aircraft heim in the front to prevent suspension bind, and a double adjuster in the rear to aid in pinion angle adjustment. the relocators are, well, relocators. two bolt holes for adjustment plus the stock bolt hole, spacers installed to retain factory bracket width dimension.

this package is on several of my customers cars. most doing 1.3x-1.4x 60 foot times footbraking.

best thing is price... tunnel mounted torque arm, crossmember w/ adjustable street pivot link and driveshaft loop installed, double-adjustable lowers, relocators. 625.00 shipped to you.

Quick Reply: Rear suspension Set-ups POST !!