Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ProKit install - Master Cyl question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default ProKit install - Master Cyl question.

I plan to intall a Eibach Pro Kit on my 2002 WS6 this holiday weekend and afte reading the "how to" sticky I have a question about the lossening of the master cylinder. I know you just need to loosen it up enough to be able to get the torx heads bolts out, but is there anything you can mess up in the master cyl itself if you wiggle it around or loosen it too much? I have installed springs in several 3rd gen cars so I am not new to that part...I am just a little concerened about f"ing something up with the master cyl. Any tips would be apprecaited!
Old 11-19-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just take off the two nuts, pull it off the studs on the firewall and move it out of the way. The lines will flex. No worries.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Ditto.... take those two nuts off and slide the MC off of the studs completely out of the way. That way you have clean access and not half assed access to the torx bolts which led me to stripping it and ending up needing to grind it off
Old 11-19-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Don't forget to swap the Torx bolts with the regular bolts from the passenger side, so you'll not have to do that crap again (if you ever decide to swap springs again).

-Mike