Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Difference between sportline and prokit

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between sportline and prokit

I will have TT2 17 x 9.5 and 17 x 11 with 315 tires on my car in about two weeks. I am also having a strange 12 bolt installed in the same time period. I was going to order the prokit but I noticed some members are running the sportline. What is the difference? Can some post pics of the f-bodys with either. I would like to see the difference in the stance. Thanks for any pics and input.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sportlines offer a 2 inch drop, so its lower then the prokit. Click on my sig to see picture's, I'm running sportlines. Since you are running 315's your going to rub with the sportlines, so get the prokit.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

sportlines are useless. VOID AT ALL COST. its meant for all show and no go. the pro-kits are much better...but that still doesnt say much. the rears tend to sag a little and unless you change shocks too the ride will be harsh. the spring rates for the pro-kit dont really serve any purpose...they are too soft for serious auto-x and and twisties, and are too hard for serious drag setups. a lot of people really like the pro-kits, a lot of people really hate them. i imagine they arent too bad with konis or revalved bilsteins, but i dont know.

what are your goals with the car? drag? auto-x/twisties?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did a search and I am going with the prokit. DAMN madicev8 you have one of the nicest looking camaros I have seen. I am going with the revalved shocks so I am going to use the prokit. I think it will look good with the TT2. Thanks guys for the info.

Last edited by tasilver; 12-01-2007 at 06:54 AM.