Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Jegster Torque Arms

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jegster Torque Arms

Has anyone used this torque arm yet? The part number on www.jegs.com is 550-40097. I have a lowered T/A and was wondering if I would have clearance problems with this or not.

Last edited by mavedawg04; 12-05-2007 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Wrong Part Number
Old 12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Call and ask them!

YOu look at the UMI stuff, they have great support with Ryan or though Sam and they will be able to tell what will work for your needs.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I think you have way, way better choices. It's a sheetmetal mounted TA, which isn't great because sheetmetal isn't my first choice for resisting the torque loads applied through a TA, especially a short one. Notice all the nuts and bolts too and you get to drill holes for each of them and put them in (under you carpet). The cost is right around what good quality TA is.
$219 for non-adjustable: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7
$299 for adjustable: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7

If you want the mount off the tranny, you run a relocation bracket like this (this is a LS1 6-speed version): http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7

*OR*

You run a tunnel mount TA such as a variation of this: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7 Just note that there are options there, different ones for different headers, and you have the option of some with Driveshaft safety loops installed.

I prefer, as I stated in other threads, a full length version and if you want to get the mount of the tailshaft, then run a relocation bracket. I believe it's just stronger.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mavedawg04
Has anyone used this torque arm yet? The part number on www.jegs.com is 550-40097. I have a lowered T/A and was wondering if I would have clearance problems with this or not.
I run that torque arm and I like it alot, although its not a real popular item. Install isn't hard, but it is a bit more time consuming compared to the others out there. You have to pull the carpet up to drill the holes to mount it. It took me a couple hours to do the install, mostly by myself except for some helping hands when it came to bolting the saddle in.

There are a few upsides to this torque arm that outweigh the bad IMO. This is the only tunnel mounted Torque arm that I am aware of that doesn't sacrifice ground clearance. Its also mounted *in* the trans tunnel so it doesn't affect your exhaust choice at all. I wanted to switch to true duals so that factored in for me. My old Spohn tunnel mounted torque arm hung way low and was pretty clunky. The Jegster is rock solid, not clunky at all. I don't think the short torque arms are the best setup for handling, but for drag racing and general driving I think the Jegster Arm works well.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Teching In

The reason I'm asking is I'm worried about ground clearance, getting the torque arm off the tranny, and just a all out better torqur arm. If I buy the relocation cross member and then the torque arm I'm gonna have a fortune it it, but if I buy the tunnel mounted torque arm I'm not gonna have any exhaust room and I'm gonna have ground clearance issues. Does anybody have any suggestions on that?
Old 12-06-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mavedawg04
The reason I'm asking is I'm worried about ground clearance, getting the torque arm off the tranny, and just a all out better torqur arm. If I buy the relocation cross member and then the torque arm I'm gonna have a fortune it it, but if I buy the tunnel mounted torque arm I'm not gonna have any exhaust room and I'm gonna have ground clearance issues. Does anybody have any suggestions on that?
There will be no clearance issues with the Jegster, you will have plenty of room. Its better then the stock arm by far, it gets the torque arm off the tranny as well. Its probably not the best for an all out handling car but it works good for me. The Jegster seems to fit the criteria you listed...
Old 12-11-2007, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

I see these made everyday where I work, (at jegs, the jegster shop is in the back of our store), these are very high quailty units, and all the ones we have sold have recieved good feedback.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had the jegster on all my 3rd gens and it was a great piece.i have been torn between all the options out there and since jegs made the adjustable arms now i think i may get another one for my 4th gens.
at this time it is a toss up between the jegster bar or madman
Old 12-12-2007, 11:05 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I don't really have a quality issue, more of a design issue. Kind of like preferring pony-cars overs things like Camry's and Accord's.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

I have this torque arm and like it a lot. There is no clearance problem at all. As for being solid, once the tunnel brace is bolted in, it doesnt move at all.

Quick Reply: Jegster Torque Arms