Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR or UMI or Yank Torque Arm Relocation K member question

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR or UMI or Yank Torque Arm Relocation K member question

To those of you that have any of these setups do these relocation kits affect the pinion angle?? I am only assuming that they do so itd be best to use with an adjustable torque arm so you can get the pinion angle right after going to these crossmembers right??? I was moreless just wondering if they affect pinion angles or not and if they add anymore vibration to the ride after putting them on?? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Brian
Old 12-11-2007, 09:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

The cross-members will only change pinion angle when used with a non-adjustable torque arm and if the cross-member has instant center adjustment. Some of the cross-members have instant center adjustment that allows you to move the torque arm up or down. When using a adjustable torque arm they have rod eyes in the rear that allow the arm to pivot. This allows the user to change instant center with out changing pinion angle.

I always recommend a adjustable torque arm with a relocated cross-member. A non-adjustable will work as long as it is mounted in the factory location.

Hope that helps!
Ryan

Quick Reply: BMR or UMI or Yank Torque Arm Relocation K member question