Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Noisey suspension, need help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Noisey suspension, need help.

The previous owner of this car modded the suspension into the noisiest i've ever heard. I've been trying to track down the cause of this noise but have had little success and it's driving me insane because it is embarassingly loud.

it's a popping noise that comes distinctly from both the left side and right side of the suspension when they are extended. It's not a squeak or rattle, but sounds like something is loose and banging around.

The susp mods on the car at the moment are AGX shocks, strano springs, hotchkiss sway bar. I have lubed up the bushings for the sway bar and they are not the cause. Made sure the endlinks are tight on the sway bar as well. Even replaced the aftermarket upper control arms with stock ones with good upper ball joints.

I need to get this problem resolved before getting an alingment done. Every time we think we know what it is and swap the part it still remains. It's been 2 months now. I've tried jacking the car up and following the check list but everything seems solid. Could this noise be the lower ball joints? The sound can be replicated by pulling up on the fender. I can't locate it though.

Last edited by Zombie; 12-11-2007 at 04:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Noisey suspension, need help.