Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

qa1 spring ? thoses of you with qa1s chime in

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default qa1 spring ? thoses of you with qa1s chime in

which way is up? is the ground (flat) side of the spring supposed to face down towards the ground or the opposite? thanks for any help. Generic instructions.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by getusumws6
which way is up? is the ground (flat) side of the spring supposed to face down towards the ground or the opposite? thanks for any help. Generic instructions.
+1 just got my springs today

Chad
Old 12-11-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

answered my own ?, made a call to a few guys who had the set up. the flat part does point towards the ground. I have already intalled them then second guessed myself. what through me off is qa1 printed there label upside down. BTW I love this setup.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by getusumws6
answered my own ?, made a call to a few guys who had the set up. the flat part does point towards the ground. I have already intalled them then second guessed myself. what through me off is qa1 printed there label upside down. BTW I love this setup.
pictures of the setup on draglites! I may have some coming my way.

also where did you set the front shocks? whats your rideheight?

do you have the stock springs in the rear? did you do the "heater hose mod" ?

edit: do you have the poly or spherical LCA's and PHB? I went with the double adj. Spherical.

Chad
Old 12-12-2007, 01:19 AM
TECH Regular

chad: since it is winter I have my z06 wheels on right now, draglites through spring and summer (in case anyone wants some) ha ha. as far as where I set the front shocks I assume you mean bound/rebound, right now there are both at 5. you will love the diff. settings. I mostly dragrace in a "streetclass" VAMP heads-up series , so I'm really just looking for a better weight transfer. As far as ride hieght I tuned as close to stock as possible for now, You'll probably need to put a few miles on them because they will settle, mine settled 1/4" over night in the garage.and yes stock springs in rear, i would like to lower later to tuck tires in a bit. Don't know the heater hose mod? sorry. My sig. hasn't been updated for a while so I will tell you what suspention I have: tubular lcas w/ poly bushings, adj, panhard, umi's Fully adj. trq. arm w/ tunnel mount w/loop all CM. And BTW BMR's website has an article about these shocks from GMHT 00' under the QA1 prices. They claim a .3 drop in 1/4 mile time if thats your thing. any more ?s ask. Corey