Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking to Lower, Suggestions Please

Old 12-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Scammer Alert!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to Lower, Suggestions Please

Ok, so i was looking at keeping my stock wheels on my 99 firebird, i like the stance in the front but the rear there is too much clearence in the wheel well... i dont mind buying lowering springs for the front and rear but if i can just do the rear i will.... Basically i was wondering what will keep the ride decent and lower the rear to where itll close that gap pretty well. i have longtube headers so i dont want to go to low,.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Old 12-18-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

i suggest pm'ing sam strano, he will be able to give you the best advice and prolly give you a good deal on a setup
Old 12-18-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricks99ls1
Ok, so i was looking at keeping my stock wheels on my 99 firebird, i like the stance in the front but the rear there is too much clearence in the wheel well... i dont mind buying lowering springs for the front and rear but if i can just do the rear i will.... Basically i was wondering what will keep the ride decent and lower the rear to where itll close that gap pretty well. i have longtube headers so i dont want to go to low,.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
To keep the ride decent you need a good set of shocks (actually the car will ride better than stock).
How low exactly do you want the rear to go? Do you think the heater hose mod (do a search if you don't know what it is) will be enough for you? You could buy some Koni's and use the lower front perch for 3/4" drop in front, and the heater hose in the rear for about 1/2-3/4" drop.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Arent you low enough SCAMMER!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike's 01WS6
Arent you low enough SCAMMER!
Who? Where?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It depends on how low you want to go. If you go with the lower perch and heater hose mod as suggested, make sure you pick up some koni's. This will give you a 3/4" drop with the stock springs.

Search this Thread