Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS inop question

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ABS inop question

Hey guys, about 6 months ago, I got 275/60/15 dr's and skinnies on my car. I love them. But with the rears being a 28" tire and the fronts being a 26" tire, my abs is acting up. Its never been a problem until about a month ago, when I was goin kinda fast and the brakes just pretty much failed on me, and I got into a real small accident. Was kinda a wake-up call. So I have read about abs delete kits, and I thinkin this would solve my problem. How would I do it, and do you think this is the anser to my problem? I need to fix thsis quick cause even at the track, slowing down from 115 or 120 mph is tough before I have to exit. No brakes should be like this, this is dangerous, any of your help is appreciated. Thx.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I use my 28 in slicks and skinnies my abs inop light comes on but my brakes work just fine. I don't know why yours don't or what could be causing it.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it confuses me too, would disabling the abs be a solution that I could look into? I know theres alot of people out there with different tire sizes and the ABS INOP problem. Even at the track, I had problems after a full 1/4 mile run to stop in time for turn off. This just isnt safe, and thats why I am looking into fixing it asap. I have tried removing abs fuses in hope to disable the abs, but after removing one, the car wont even start. Also I have hp tuners, is there a way to just disable it this way? Thanks for the help.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

I have no Idea. I wound up going with a 9in so I don't have abs anyway.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Just found this, maybe it will help

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/625158-information-diagnosing-abs-tcs-problems.html

Quick Reply: ABS inop question