Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

question

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question question

Not sure if it belongs here but I'm wondering what could I have done to my car if I hit a median sidewalk?? I wasn't paying attn and I was prob going about 30 when I looked up I hit the sidewalk and popped both left tires. I' know it has nothing to do with my new springs so what would cause it being uneven on the right side(higher) than my left... any ideas what I could of messed up??
The next day I noticed my left front wheel seemed butterflied../
It's fixed now but I need to start checking what if any part messed up/broke.. I don't hear no rattling, etc. type of noises so where would you guys begin?? Yes I was drinking and no I wasn't speeding.. **** happens

Last edited by DarkhorSe_SS; 12-28-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:14 AM
12 Second Club

Maybe blown shocks? make sure your rims arent bent or cracked...have your alignment checked...and make sure you didnt crack or break your springs...just some ideas.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z28Camaro30Ann
Maybe blown shocks? make sure your rims arent bent or cracked...have your alignment checked...and make sure you didnt crack or break your springs...just some ideas.
yea this was a while back 10 mths plus but I got new rims, different springs, and had got another alignment. When I got my alignment done, brake check aligned all sides except for the left front. they couldn't... Now my steering wheel is off(not centered) and still pulls to the right
Old 12-20-2007, 08:38 AM
12 Second Club

Ok. I have seen that before. check your tie rods, and all that crap under there. Look at all the bushings and all the connections and joints. I have seen a car before that wouldnt take an alignment on one tire and it was because one of the bushings was fucked and it was sitting loose in there so they would align it and it would just move again. Have someone who knows a lot about all the pieces associated with an alignment look under there and find what is not right. There is something broken or pissed off down there that needs to be tended to ASAP.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttt...need more info

Quick Reply: question