Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

v8 eibach on v6?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v8 eibach on v6?

I have a 99 v6 camaro. I bought this as a project car; im building up and stiffening the chassis to do an engine swap that's coming up. I have been looking at the Bilsten shocks & Eibach Pro-Kit suspension set-up. I know the spring rates are different for a v8 and v6 because of the obvious weight difference and this may affect ride quality. Does anyone know how much it will be affected? If the front sits a few mm higher, i can live with that. Anyone have pics of an eibach setup?? Thanks guys!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are a lot of pics out there of the set-up, check the stickies and the top of this suspension forum...as for the quality of ride, that is a preference..i have the eibach kit and i love it..but a good majority ppl on here will hate on it...like i said, it is a preference...you are going to sit a lot lower than stock springs and quality of ride is a lil stiff..i like it
Old 12-21-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

according to someting i found a couple of years ago on one of the v6 sites the eibach kit is the same for the rear springs on both v8 and v6 but the fronts are different
i had it on my 6 and loved it handled great.

Quick Reply: v8 eibach on v6?