Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hotchkis strut tower brace: Is the LT1 model same as LS1??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotchkis strut tower brace: Is the LT1 model same as LS1??

Have a quick and dumb question about my strut tower brace. I've got the Hotchkis strut tower brace for an LT1 f-body, the style that goes straight across the top of the motor, not the one that bends back towards the driver compartment like on LS1 cars. Will it cause any known issue if I put it on an LS1 car?

I had it on my LS1 Z28 and the only thing I noticed was it was close to the oil fill cap, but still wasn't touching at all. I was still able to do an oil change w/o an issue, just had a little less clearance.

Summit lists it as fitting 93-97 only but it seemed to fit the LS1 fine to me. I just want to make sure it wouldn't do any crazy sh*t to my car...I really can't see how it possibly could, but I figured better safe than sorry. My guess is it's only the whole oil cap clearance thing since the 93-02 front end is pretty much the same except for minor things. I'd definately like someone to correct me if i'm wrong though.

Any one able to help me out with this??
Old 01-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Launching!

My car has a BMR brace on now but I had the Hotchkis lying around and it just seems like a better piece...just figured I'd try and figure out if there's any reason I'd have a problem with it before I swap.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

I've seen other LS1s with LT1 bars, but not having personal experience I can't say for certain. If there's clearance you shouldn't have any problems.

Quick Reply: Hotchkis strut tower brace: Is the LT1 model same as LS1??