Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Strano question

I'm looking to get some strano lowering springs. I already have QA1's on the way. Have my mind set of them and don't plan on getting any different shocks unless i really don't like the QA1's. My question is if anyone would know how the strano springs ride with QA1's. i know there real good springs but was also wantin to know more about them. Are they guaranteed not to sag? what are the spring rates? would they still hook good on the track (1/4 mile) just a few questions thanks in advance
Old 01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The springrates are 550 front linear, and 150 rear. On the rear springs, a few coils have a lower rate and are fully compressed. Mostly used for allowing the springs to stay seated when the axle is in full droop.

I'd imagine you will get a lot of "no"s on the QA1's with Strano springs, because I haven't seen many good recommendations for the QA1's
Old 01-23-2008, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its been said enough. Those springs are firm and require proper control, which the QA1s to not provide. I wouldn't run them, but its your car. People have run great times on the track with the Strano springs, but if your car is a drag car, then stick with stock springs. The combo is going to be terribly mismatched and it won't perform as well as it could in any specific circumstance. If your looking for a good compromise, get Konis, which can be adjusted to run at the track very competitively. I know thats not what you want to hear, but thats the truth.

good luck...
Old 01-23-2008, 11:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

The proposed combination is not good... Bad dampers (we sell a lot of Koni's to QA1 owners who don't like the) are bad enough with stock springs, things only get worse when you add more spring rate, and lessen the travel the shock has to do it's job by lowering the car. Now you are forcing the shock that couldn't damp a taller, softer springs in more range to try and deal with a shorter, stiffer spring through less range of motion.

I think QA1's are just bad shocks, regardless of the spring.... but stock springs are your best bet because they are easiest to deal with for a shock.

You need to decide on what you want from a car. We'd all like 800 HP, but how streetable is that? Would you put a huge cam in with little tiny cylinder heads? You could, but it wouldn't be a good combination of parts and the same thing goes for suspension parts.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

its mostly a street car and thats the reason i want to lower it for looks. and i want the adjustabiliy of the QA1's i guess we'll see. i'll probably keep the setup anyways regaurdless unless some one wants them.