Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DSL Issues

Old 02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default DSL Issues

Okay when I installed my driveshaft during my torque arm install I noticed when the suspension was unloaded it hit the bottom of the dsl. Now when driving on the road and I go over a hill or theres a decent size bump on the highway I'll hear *clank clank clank clank clank* really fast. It's from where my driveshaft comes down and hits the dsl. Also I noticed theres 2 different sets of holes to mount the front of the torque arm. Well I can't use one of the sets because the end of the bolt comes out so far it hits the attached weight on the driveshaft. Is this normal? I'm afraid I'm gonna have the driveshaft break one of these times
Old 02-03-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

bump...
Old 02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

to the top!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

My Spohn one was hitting this little square that looks like it may be a weight or something on the DS which was located right where the DSL was. We heated up the mount for the DSL and pushed it up a little. Haven't had any issues since.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah that's what's hitting on mine except it's hitting on the bottom. A friend who put on my sfc and relocation brackets had some pieces that he fabbed up and we put it between the crossmember and the body so it lowered my crossmember 3/16" so hopefully that helps a lil. I'm open to suggestions though. If it still does it I might just hack off the dsl
Old 02-03-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

If it's hitting the bottom I guess you could cut the DSL mount and shorten it a bit then weld it back on. Shouldn't be too hard. If that is a weight on the DS that the DSL is hitting could the DS be rebalanced with that stupid weight placed somewhere else?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I might look into that too because w/ UMI's design they have 3 holes on the two plates that connect the torque arm to the crossmember (for easy angle change?). Anyways I can only use one of the two sets as the bolt sticks out and hits my driveshaft. I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow
Old 02-04-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Looking at their pics online you should be able to put the bolts in from the right side of those two "braces" and have the nut facing the driver side of the car. From their pics it doesn't look like the bolt would touch the DS that way.

See how the top bolt was pushed in from the passenger side to the driver side instead of vice versa like the lower bolt.

http://www.umiperformance.com/images/2201d.jpg

Search this Thread