Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

strano koni's revalved or anything?

Old 03-08-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking strano koni's revalved or anything?

Like it says, are the konis that Sam Strano sells revalved or anything? Or are they the same shocks that ship directly from Koni or any other retailer? I just want to make sure that he doesn't personally change things internally before re-selling them to us.
Thanks
Cody
Old 03-08-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no need to revalve, they are adjustable. they are the same way they come from the factory at a great price!
Old 03-08-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok cool! I was just wondering, cuz he revalves the blistiens... but if he sells the same exact shock that came from the factory, that is great. All I wanted to know.
thanks
Old 03-10-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

If bilstiens were presently available, you could at one point specifically buy revalved bilstiens from him as well as other off the shelf bilsteins. Bilstien revalves were a little more money then the off the shelf ones and also better compression and rebound settings. I never heard of revalving or the need to revalve konis.

Don't worry though, he won't revalve your shocks unless you ask him to
Old 03-10-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol well I was askin because I found a killer deal on them, but they are straight from Koni. I wanted to make sure that Sam's were the same identical shock that comes direct from Koni. Cuz if they weren't, then Id save my cash and buy direct from him. Gotta love kids who buy before they think, and have to resell cheaper. Im glad Ive been savin for them, and with this deal its really hard to pass it up....
Old 03-10-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Same shock. No need to change whats not broken
Old 03-10-2008, 02:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

The only issue with the killer deal is that I can't give you the setup information that comes with Koni's I sell. The Koni instructions suck. Even disregarding that little fact, they don't go into any detail at all about how the adjustment works, or how it effects the car, or what kind of settings you might want to use. This is where you get what you pay for. Something to think about... It'd be a lot easier to sell things for less if I didn't support the product or spend anytime on the phone helping with setup.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-10-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
The only issue with the killer deal is that I can't give you the setup information that comes with Koni's I sell. The Koni instructions suck. Even disregarding that little fact, they don't go into any detail at all about how the adjustment works, or how it effects the car, or what kind of settings you might want to use. This is where you get what you pay for. Something to think about... It'd be a lot easier to sell things for less if I didn't support the product or spend anytime on the phone helping with setup.
Let alone if the Lifetime Warranty will be valid or not.
I've had to use it twice due to certain issues. Sam and a few others know how to fix the use and install problems. Koni is very supportive of the original purchaser.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok, I can see your point Sam. Standing behind a product does cost money! I would be the original purchaser, recipt and all. So Koni would warrenty my shocks. But, the setup part is what gets me now. Guess Ill have to wiegh the options.

Hey Sam, dont worry, Ill be gettin a front sway bar from you once I get done paying for the dana 60 I just bought.. have to wait for the finances to recoup a bit.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Dammit man you beat me to the punch. I was going to say the same thing. Sometimes it isn't worth getting the cheapest price on something, especially when it's a suspension part that most people will need help setting up.

I would rather spend more money with a guy that I can call up and ask a question. I have worked on cars for the past ten years and know that time/knowledge is money. Everyone wants you to give it away for free. The man has bill's to pay. I am sure his wife likes power and running water. Lord knows mine does.

Sam is a top notch guy.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sam is the man. I bought a set of Koni's from him, and this man knows the fbody suspension better than the engineers who designed it.

Also, the Koni's are the single best mod I've done to my car.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Dammit man you beat me to the punch. I was going to say the same thing. Sometimes it isn't worth getting the cheapest price on something, especially when it's a suspension part that most people will need help setting up.

I would rather spend more money with a guy that I can call up and ask a question. I have worked on cars for the past ten years and know that time/knowledge is money. Everyone wants you to give it away for free. The man has bill's to pay. I am sure his wife likes power and running water. Lord knows mine does.

Sam is a top notch guy.
sam's price is hard to beat. i found more people with higher pricing then i did otherwise. and all the prices i found weren't significantly lower. besides, you always have the option to go with the 4/3 combo
Old 03-12-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for all the help guys! I appreciate it.

Search this Thread