Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Back to stock springs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Back to stock springs?

Hey guys,
I bought my 02 SS with MAC progressive lowering springs already installed. The problem is I can't go over anything without dragging, it doesn't help that i've got SLP longtubes either. So basically i'm looking to raise my car back to or near stock. I read in another thread that stock springs are hard to come by? That doesn't make any sense to me. Help?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
Hey guys,
I bought my 02 SS with MAC progressive lowering springs already installed. The problem is I can't go over anything without dragging, it doesn't help that i've got SLP longtubes either. So basically i'm looking to raise my car back to or near stock. I read in another thread that stock springs are hard to come by? That doesn't make any sense to me. Help?
I got some stock springs they are very rare so I want $350 for them haha jk. I do have some laying around though. Where at in kentucky are you im in cincy?
Old 03-16-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not at all. I just found some on this board a few weeks ago to replace my Hotchkis springs. It will more than likely eliminate your scraping problem altogether. Just keep looking in the for sale section some will eventually pop up. Look for someone parting out their car and ask for their springs. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Macs are one of the best springs out there. Very close to the Strano springs in spring rate. If you pick up a set of quality shocks, you'll have a decent setup. Just FYI...

If the longtubes are presenting that much of a problem, BMRs springs are stiffer, but keep the car at a decently conservative ride height.