Search

Suspension & Brakes
Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pro-Kit install problem?

Old 04-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Launching!

Trader Rating: 3
Default Pro-Kit install problem?

Alright guys, maybe someone on here has been through this, so I'm gonna throw it out there and hope somebody bites;

I put eibach prokit spring on my car a few days ago, part #3870140, The rear lowered 1.75" and the front only lowered about .5", actually a hair less. I checked the spring numbers, and they're right (3870.001 front, 3870.002 rear), and I've driven the car for about 20-30 miles so far, with minimal to no change. Any ideas?

I briefly spoke with a tech today, who suggested that it may be because I tightened everything while the car was still in the air, and the struts/springs need to be under load when the bolts are tightened... but that's not making a lot of sense to me... Reused the struts (Koni DAs) so that shouldn't effect it.

When other people put theirs on, did you have to rotate the bottom spring cup/isolater 180 degrees?

I have a hard time believing that I'm missing something, but maybe I am. I've got a new set of springs on order, and they'll go in on Friday, unless I come up with something else beforehand. Anybody?
K&N FIPK, Smooth Bellows, Ported MAF Ends, P&P TB, Comp XER281HR, Manley Pushrods, Comp 918 Springs, NGK TR-6s, MSD Wires, Optima Red Top, SLP Line-Lock, QTP LTs, ORY pipe with dual electric cutouts, Borla-mouth exhaust, Spohn SFCs, Spohn LCAs, Koni Yellow Sports up front and AGX out back, eibach pro-kit, CSS tune, HSW Sudden Impact Dry kit and a few aesthetics...

DRSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
Staging Lane

Trader Rating: 1

no idea guy. Sorry. How are you supposed to tighten the hardware while it's under load? that doesn't make much sense.

My prokit sat fine afterwards. Sorry I can't help. Good Luck!!
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...05/Techsig.jpg
Segselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #3
Launching!

Trader Rating: 3

That was my question... his response was something to the extent of "if a professional shop was installing them, they would have used an allignment rack to load the suspension before tightening the pivot bolts down". hmmm.....
K&N FIPK, Smooth Bellows, Ported MAF Ends, P&P TB, Comp XER281HR, Manley Pushrods, Comp 918 Springs, NGK TR-6s, MSD Wires, Optima Red Top, SLP Line-Lock, QTP LTs, ORY pipe with dual electric cutouts, Borla-mouth exhaust, Spohn SFCs, Spohn LCAs, Koni Yellow Sports up front and AGX out back, eibach pro-kit, CSS tune, HSW Sudden Impact Dry kit and a few aesthetics...

DRSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 70

Never heard of that. My springs looked just fine after install. Is the spring on the cup correctly? That could keep it up higher if not. Other than that I have no idea man. Hope you get it figured out
Old 04-30-2008, 08:58 AM   #5
TECH Junkie

Trader Rating: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95GreenZ28 View Post
Never heard of that. My springs looked just fine after install. Is the spring on the cup correctly? That could keep it up higher if not. Other than that I have no idea man. Hope you get it figured out
Ditto... rule out that the springs were seated corretly in the spring cup moldings on the top and bottom.
z28bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
Staging Lane

Trader Rating: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segselah View Post
no idea guy. Sorry. How are you supposed to tighten the hardware while it's under load? that doesn't make much sense.
Most rubber suspension bushings should be tightened at ride height. That being said, I can't think of anything in an f-body that would be loosened (a-arm or control arm) to install a set of springs. The lower shock mount is not typical due to the bar pin, so it can be tightened pretty much any time the holes line up.

67 Ford F100 PreRunner (429, C6, 9")
73 Camaro, Toy (404ci SBC, Performer RPM Everything, TH350, 12bolt)
98 Jeep Wrangler Wheeler (Coilovers, airbumps, Long Arm, ARB's, blah, blah, blah)
06 Z4 Fun when the sun is out. (Stock)
Beat98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
LS1TECH Sponsor

Trader Rating: 41

The issue here is there is nothing that needs removed like LCA's where the bushings could bind. Your rear ride height is, unfortunately, not a big surprise with LS1 Pro-kits.... they vary hugely in actual drop. Some are fine, some are far from it.

Up front, you most likely have the springs not seated in the notches for the spring pigtails and that's why the front isn't very low.

We accept online orders. We do NOT accept Credit Cards online, on purpose. We do this for your protection. If your #'s are not online they cannot be hacked.
Sam Strano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #8
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11

eibach tech support is worthless. all they can tell you is whats already written on any documentation that comes with their products.

strano springs, koni sa shocks, 35mm/22mm sway bars, LCA relocation brackets, adj panhard/LCAs, subframe connectors, STB, R888 tires
BobDoLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #9
TECH Senior Member

Trader Rating: 2
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDoLe View Post
eibach tech support is worthless. . . . .

and so are their springs . . .
Xsta Z 28 is offline   Reply With Quote