Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Sportlines.......opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Sportlines.......opinions please

I am in the market for some springs to lower my t/a with...I see that Eibach makes a spring that lowers an F body like 1.5 inch?? Is anyone out there running these springs? How do you like them? I want my car to be pretty slammed looking and a few people have told me the Sportlines REALLY dump the car.....just wanted some feedback overall on them...Thanks.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Eibach Sportlines.......opinions please

do a search for mctullis he has those springs on his car looks pretty bad *** too
Old 08-07-2003, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

How do like the Pro Kit?
Old 08-07-2003, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://community.webshots.com/user/eddiemuch

I have Eibach Sportlines on my 02 T/A,take a look and see what you think.

If you lower it without replacing your stock shocks,you will pound the **** out of your car..been there done that.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you lower it without replacing your stock shocks,you will pound the **** out of your car..been there done that.
Not really true, even though the ride will have a little more bounce. The car will handle better with new shocks, but you'll be fine with the stock for now till you have money. I'm running sportlines but changing servers so no pix.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

I have Eibach Sportlines on my 02 T/A, I also added some sway bars. Below is a link to a picture of my car. So far I have loved the look, and with the addition of sway bars the car sticks to the road.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...81071663TRyPbp
Old 08-09-2003, 08:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

I vote for the LGM Hypercoils!! Check my sig........ Excellent ride for my daily driver!
Old 08-11-2003, 12:22 AM
Teching In

I have a set of prokits and they only drop about 1.2" They just settled and the ride looks bad! Personally, and this all depends if the streets and driveways are bad were you live, i wouldn't go with the sportlines. Lowering your car dat low would require alot of adjustment to the front and rear and if your careful, you might bottom out bad and crack open an oil-pan or your exhaust.
The prokits look just as bad, the aligment in the front just made it without having to work on it or replace the plates.
Of-course, again, it's all up to you. just make sure you research before you install, i've already gone through an oil-pan and trust me it sucks!!!
LaterZ!
Old 08-11-2003, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Damn, the g2's really dump a car...I am getting them free from Eibach so I guess they'll have to do and I'll need to drive a lil more cautiously. Your guy's rides are all sick looking....
Old 08-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Teching In

I know I'm responding a little late on this but.............
I had the Eibach proline springs on my '99 SS and loved the way they looked and the ride was nice. I put the Eibach sportline springs on my '00 WS6. While I like the look of the sportline better, the ride is a lot rougher. I think the sportline lowers 1.5" and the proline 1.2/1.3" . I feel the smallest bumps in my WS6. On a nice smooth road (yeah right in CA)it's pretty nice....have fun....good luck....
Old 08-14-2003, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got the pro-kit on my car, and I love it, handles awesome, looks badass, i thought about goin lower, but ground clearance is and issue here. I already scrape some, and i would like to keep the underside of my car intact..but the springs definitely help out the lifted truck look of the stock ss springs..i have pics on my website
www.benss.4t.com
Old 08-14-2003, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now i wish i would have went with the Prokit.My T/A sat so high above the tires from the factory that it made me sick.I wanted it slammed and the sportlines sure did the trick(in that respect).The problem is i'm scraping on big speed bumps and wouldn't be able to put 18" wheels on it either.Once the car is paid for i'm going to change most everything,by then i'll know just exactly what i want.

Don't get me wrong though,i'm having the time of my life driving this car.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

I've been running Prokit springs almost since my car was new (~ 3 years), but after installing my 12-bolt I realized just how badly the rears had been bottoming out. The Prokits are very soft - especially the rears. I don't have experience with the Sportlines myself, but I can only imagine that the bottoming would be even worse unless they were significantly stiffer than the Prokits. If these were my only two options I would definitely take the Prokits.

IMO, if you can still get hold of them I would consider the G2 super springs or Hypercoils (although the Hypercoil fronts are progressive IIRC). You might give Lou G. a call or Sam Strano at Suspension Techniques. Either of these guys can hook you up with a nice spring/shock combo that meets your needs.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Once again,thanks for the good information Fulton.I can always count on you to steer me in the right direction.

Have a good weekend,hasn't this weather been absolutely beautiful here in the northwest this summer

I can't remember a summer like this one

Quick Reply: Eibach Sportlines.......opinions please