Old 05-17-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default edelbrock ias coil overs and rear shock

anybody tried these?

any feedback?

thanks in advance!

33031 Edelbrock IAS Coil-Over Strut WITH SPRING Camaro and Firebird

Chevrolet and GMC Camaro (includes SS and IROC) years 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002

This is an Edelbrock Coil-Over strut for the front. It comes complete with a threaded collar and new performance rated spring. Being a true coil-over, it allows you to adjust the height, from the stock factory level, or to a lowered stance. The strut itself is an IAS unit just like Edelbrock's shocks.
This is a great setup if you want to replace both your front units and the springs at the same time with new parts. And you know they will fit perfectly because Edelbrock designed them to work together. No miss-matched parts.

If you decide you also want to lower the rear of the car too, and do all 4 corners of the car at one time, you need to also order 2 of Edelbrock 34031 shocks, and 1 (one) set of Edelbrock's 5246 springs (2 rear springs are in the box, they are sold as a pair).

If you decide to keep the car stock height, you only have to order the rear 34041 shocks.

High pressure gas monotube design.

Durable RED powder coated finish.

Manufactured by Edelbrock in the USA, these are the only automotive / truck units that incorporate the patented Ricor Inertia Active System.

This unique valve design senses changes in terrain and adjusts instantly for a better feel and handling than you ever thought possible.

Made in the U.S.A!

Developed by one of America's most trusted names in automotive and truck perfomance - Edelbrock !
Old 05-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a few threads where they are discussed:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/390770-help-shock-choice-suit-my-suspension.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/375062-edelbrock-shocks.html

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I can probably answer them.

Also where did you find the quoted material?
Old 05-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

anyone know of any other coilover kits for the 98-02 camaros? how good are the edelbrock kits?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcastillo002
anyone know of any other coilover kits for the 98-02 camaros? how good are the edelbrock kits?
QA1, LG Motorsports, KW and the Ground Control's are like the half *** coilovers.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Launching!

[IMG]100_0693.jpg[/IMG]
got em and ride is great!!

Last edited by TRANS-DAD; 05-20-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beat- It was on one of the internet stores, cant remember which one. I was Googling for Tockico info and this reseller happened to sell Edelbrock too and I had never heard of anybody running them on their F-bod thus the question. If the technology really works as advertised it sounds like a good option for me. I am look more for ride quality than winning an Auto-X. As long as the car handles as well as it would with Eibach Prokit springs and bilstein shocks (what I have now) I would be plenty satisfied. The bilsteins are shot now (100,000+ on them) thus looking for a replacement.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blackbird
Beat- It was on one of the internet stores, cant remember which one. I was Googling for Tockico info and this reseller happened to sell Edelbrock too and I had never heard of anybody running them on their F-bod thus the question. If the technology really works as advertised it sounds like a good option for me. I am look more for ride quality than winning an Auto-X. As long as the car handles as well as it would with Eibach Prokit springs and bilstein shocks (what I have now) I would be plenty satisfied. The bilsteins are shot now (100,000+ on them) thus looking for a replacement.
I think you will be happy. The car will handle every bit as well as what you had and the ride will be smoother and less sharp.

Since I joined this forum, I have pulled the companies 98 LS1 car out for a few days as it had been several years since I had driven it. It is still a blast to throw into corners and fun to drive.

In the last several years, I don't recall any complaints on this kit. If you get it, let me know how you like it.

Quick Reply: edelbrock ias coil overs and rear shock