Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hard knocking when launching hard

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hard knocking when launching hard

Ok ever since I put this suspension package together something hits hard when I launch the car hard. I think it may be the tires hitting, but not sure and this is the only time I hear it hit.

I put the San Strano springs and Koni's adj shocks and also an adjustable torque arm. The car is obviously a lot lower, looks great.

Should I have the LCA relocation brackets welded on, think that may solve the problem? The car also has a Moser rear, adj panhard, Sam strano larger sway bars.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Launching!

wheres the clunk coming from?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NJgunslinger
Ok ever since I put this suspension package together something hits hard when I launch the car hard. I think it may be the tires hitting, but not sure and this is the only time I hear it hit.

I put the San Strano springs and Koni's adj shocks and also an adjustable torque arm. The car is obviously a lot lower, looks great.

Should I have the LCA relocation brackets welded on, think that may solve the problem? The car also has a Moser rear, adj panhard, Sam strano larger sway bars.

Thanks
I would double check the torque arm bolts and for the torque arm hitting the floor in the rear near where it bolts on to the rearend housing.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Well it hits in the rear...and it may be the Torque arm hitting the floor, it is pretty loud..cant quite place where it hits...I'll check the Tq arm...thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you replace the factory torque arm bushing? its is a 2 piece design and prone to wearing out. I had a similar clunk on hard launches, it was due to the bushing wearing away and pretty much leaving the TQ arm unsupported and banging around loose in the bushing mount.