Search

Suspension & Brakes
Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

caliper replacement

Old 05-25-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
TECH Veteran

Trader Rating: 10
Default caliper replacement

im in the process of doing the 98+ brake upgrade, and i was wondering since one of my calipers has a bad piston seal, and dust boot could i just buy that side a refurbished pepboys caliper and not have to worry about replacing the other side?

2006 IBM/BluePontiacGTOM6- Blown&boltons

2006QSMPontiacGTOA4-Sold

2001 NBM Camaro SS M6 #4627: Volant CAI, factory LS6 intake, Ebay stainless LTs, pacesetter ORY, QTP 3" cutout always open, SLP dual dual, !CAGS, BMR LCA's, UMI STB, UMI RLB's, UMI PHR- SSold but not forgotten
Revelation Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
TECH Junkie

Trader Rating: 7

I had used the Fenco remanufactured calipers last year. I autoxed and daily drove with them for a year. Though they have poor thread quality and I stripped two calipers in a row on the bleeder screw and the other one on the brakeline banjo bolt connection.

If you can make them seal then they would be fine calipers probably, but I would say you get what you pay for. Don't expect them to not strip on you even tightening them to normal torque. I finally just replaced it with a GM stock caliper.

There's also a rebuild kit that isn't too expensive. Replaces all of the piston seals and everything.
z28bryan is offline   Reply With Quote