Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bushing

Old 05-27-2008, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default bushing

i have an odd noise coming from the rear of my car with WOT from a stop or a slow roll, im going to check all the bushings in the back to see if that is possibly the problem.

could some of you check and see where some are located please?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

3 places.

Lower Control Arm bushings - the bar that runs parallel the to the wheel, it connects the axle to the body. These don't get greased per se but go bad and need replaced. If you are going to replace them get 1LE bushings from www.stranoparts.com

Panhard Bar bushing - it runs parallel to the rearend itself. One end connects to the axle, the other end to the body. Looking from behind the car you'll see it before the rear end. These don't get greased per se but go bad and need replaced.

Swaybar bushings - connects to the axle, thin, less than 1" in diameter. The bushings are connected to the axle with a u-bolt. These tend to get dry and need either energy suspension poly grease or any synthetic wheel bearing grease.

To check all these jack the car up, get underneath and have someone push down on the trunk lid and see if you can pinpoint the noise.

Also check to see if the spare tire is tight.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay i will deffinately check this out as soon as possible. hopefully before i drive it again. i drive it maybe twice a week depending on work so i wont take it out agian until i check these bushings out.

Search this Thread