Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed Moser rear end- Tires not centered in wheel well

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed Moser rear end- Tires not centered in wheel well

I'm not talking about side to side like a panhard bar issue.

The drivers side tire sits so far back in the wheel well that it rubs the back/bottom of the fender. I do have 28" tall tires but they fit before I installed my Moser rear, BMR adjustable LCA's and LCA relocation brackets.

I could tell it was going to be a close fit before I let the car down so I was going slow and watching it. Sure enough the tire hit the fender. I tried adjusting my LCA's to bring the rear end forward. I only have about half a turn of adjustment left on them and the tire is still rubbing...wtf. There is probably 2 1/2" of space between the passenger side tire and the bottom/rear of the fender.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

I took my car to an alignment shop and had them align the rear using the panhard bar and lower control arms. I have not had a problem since, but mine was the same as yours when I installed my 12 bolt.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm a Ford tech. I don't claim to be an expert but I do alignments pretty often. I wasn't all that worried about it untill I started running out of adjustment on my LCA's.

Even if I had enough adjustment it looks like my passenger side tire would be almost hitting the front of the fender well by the time the drivers side stopped rubbing. My car {\--I}

Anyone else ever noticed their tires not centered in the wheel well like this? I noticed it before I did the read end swap but it wasn't near this bad.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine was way off before i got my adj lca's

sucks your running out of adj
Old 06-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Banned

my wheels were fine until i put the lower control arm relocation brackets in. you'll have to readjust the LCA once you but the relocation brackets in.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black01M6SS
I'm a Ford tech. I don't claim to be an expert but I do alignments pretty often. I wasn't all that worried about it untill I started running out of adjustment on my LCA's.

Even if I had enough adjustment it looks like my passenger side tire would be almost hitting the front of the fender well by the time the drivers side stopped rubbing. My car {\--I}

Anyone else ever noticed their tires not centered in the wheel well like this? I noticed it before I did the read end swap but it wasn't near this bad.
I reread your statements and mine was nearly opposite of yours. My passenger side was nearly touching the front of the quarter panel.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cookba
my wheels were fine until i put the lower control arm relocation brackets in. you'll have to readjust the LCA once you but the relocation brackets in.
what he said.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I fixed it today. You guys were right. It was the LCA relocation brackets. I feel stupid for not seeing it before. The bracket on the drivers side was rotated a lot more forward than the one on the passengers side. They are weld in brackets that haven't been welded in yet. The guy that was going to weld them in for me is going on vacation for a week so I just took them back off for now.

Quick Reply: Installed Moser rear end- Tires not centered in wheel well