Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering the "right way"???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lowering the "right way"???

Im going to lower my ws6 and am looking into stano's handling package #1, which consist of:
Strano Performance 1.2" Lowering Springs
-Koni Sport shock set "4/3" with internally adjustable rears
-UMI Standard Adjustable Panhard Bar
Will this be all I need to lower my car? Is a double adjustable panhard bar needed? The car is a weekend car and driven to work about once a week. I plan on some tt2 with 17/11 in the rear in the near future. Thanks
Old 06-04-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds pretty good. You might want to consider a double adjustable PHR to prevent the rear tires from rubbing if you're planning on 315's though.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd also get some LCA relocation brackets to regain the lost LCA angle that occurs when lowering the car.....otherwise, you may have some wheelhop issues
Old 06-04-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is all you need, and i doubt wheelhop will be a problem (it is possible but chances are it wont happen), but lcas are a good idea and a good mod to get out of the way as long as your under the car working on the suspension anway.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Those 3 seem about dead on. If you consider the "lowering the right way" to be lowering the car about an inch or slightly more and getting exceptional handling and a good firm ride quality then that's what you want. For a weekend driver I believe you're going to love the setup.

You don't need LCA relo brackets. If you get wheelhop and you want an edge at launching, relo brackets are probably the top modification to cure the problem. The drawback of the LCA's sitting at that angle is that you get turn induced oversteer, aka the geometry of the LCAs causes the axle to point outward. Good for drag racing... bad for autox and road racing.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:48 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

The HP1 kit is one I put together to give you what you *need* to lower which is springs and the adjustable PHB to re-center the axle, and good shocks. Shocks are, to me, the key in the best driving car you can have. You don't need Koni's to lower, but I think do to lower and get the best working suspension from the car. But we also have other options for shocks, and of course all the parts can be gotten a la carte if you don't think a particular package suits you exactly right.

There are cheaper ways to lower cars. I just don't think they are they best ways to lower cars.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sam, Ill probably be giving you a call tomorrow. Thank you everyone
Old 06-05-2008, 05:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

That's cool... but we're closed tomorrow (going racing) back on Tuesday!!! The website can be used to order while I'm gone though!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ill wait till tuesday so I can ask a couple questions. Talk to you then.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:40 PM
12 Second Club

im planning on getting the same kit, cant wait to install it all.

Quick Reply: Lowering the "right way"???