Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Knocking in rear

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knocking in rear

I have this knockin comming from my left rear. It only happens when i hit a bump (and occasionally when i hit the brake in reverse). Ive searched and saw several threads of people having the same problem but no real answer as to what it was or how to fix it. Anyone got any ideas?

I heard there was some problems with bushings for the rear springs or something...? Something about them being in backwards from the factory. Anyone heard of this?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:33 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, check your lower control arm bushings, torque arm bushings, and make sure that your torque arm has not started to come loose. If you have any questions please give us a call, our tech dept. is open till 6:00pm EST Mon-Fri.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-09-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we need a sticky for sounds and solutions.

the other day i found out that my sway bar was tapping my left rear shock. i would only hear the sound on medium bumps and it almost had a delay to it. i greased the lca bushings (aftermarket lca witih zerk fittings) and tightened the lca bolts (seems to be the common fix), before i realized the problem after noticing that the sway bar was rubbing the paint off the shock. turns out that after my rear springs settled, i needed to re-adjust my panhard.