Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what size rotors

Old 06-10-2008, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what size rotors

i was curious what size rotors i should get or should i just keep stock size?i changed to c5 y2ks 17 in front and 18 in the rear.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The wheels will not affect what rotors you can use however if you want to step up to the C5 rotors in front you will need a Brake bracket to move the caliper outward a bit. UMI makes a bracket for this. Also there is a guy that makes what was call the Bob Bishop brackets now known as the track brackets. I can send you the info if you want.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

i dont do alot of "hard" driving on the car, a little bit of speeding, usually under 100mph and am looking for a money friendly solution for a good looking caliper and rotor upgrade. Since i got the y2k's it shows off much more rotor and i want it to look good. i understand with the umi's you have to modify still, however with the lg's its a bolton so i would probably try to grab the lg's brackets. I dont know much about brakes and rotors yet, how much would i be looking at money wise to do the c5 conversion or am i better off just painting and decaling my current rotors? Killer bird the reason i asked is ive read that you have to have 18in rims to run 14in rotors thanks for the response
also are there any benefits besides looks to going with the corvette calipers? i noticed they are 2 piston fron and 1 piston rear which is the same as camaros

Last edited by dshag; 06-10-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

You don't need bigger rotors. Waste of money. A good set of rotors and hawk pads is all you need. Putting your car on a diet would be a better idea.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what size rotors