Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano rear bar question

Old 06-12-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano rear bar question

I'm considering buying a strano rear bar simply for less roll and weight savings, question, when I take a high speed turn hard(around45-60) I get a lot of understeer, the rear end is fine it's just my front that loses it pretty bad. Anyway will putting the bigger rear bar help with the understeer or make it worse? I just want 5lbs off the rear end really.

Last edited by fortmyerspolice; 06-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You get oversteer but your front end brakes loose? Care to explain as this doesn't make sense?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

fixed, i meant understeer
Old 06-12-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

A larger rear bar will certainly reduce understeer on these cars. Assuming there's not another problem at work here.
I recently put a 21mm bar in my rear for the same reason and it worked perfectly. Now the front sticks so well it's hard to find the limits on public streets.

Vernon
Old 06-13-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fortmyerspolice
I'm considering buying a strano rear bar simply for less roll and weight savings, question, when I take a high speed turn hard(around45-60) I get a lot of understeer, the rear end is fine it's just my front that loses it pretty bad. Anyway will putting the bigger rear bar help with the understeer or make it worse? I just want 5lbs off the rear end really.
I personally wouldn't do a bigger rear bar unless you get a matching front bar, the car may behave and feel weird. I also wouldn't bother doing sway bars until the biggest problem is fixed, the stock shocks...
I did all my suspension mods separate, and the shocks alone had the most improvement by far. While the sway bars took away a lot of body roll keeping the car flat in corners, and gave better turn in, the Konis gave a significant increase in steering/chassis feel, dramatically changed the balance and how the car behaves overall. I was no longer sloppy, or jerky with snap over steer, sudden understeer.

Last edited by JD_AMG; 06-13-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

Bars are going in after shocks/springs. Just wanted to know the weight of the rear bar, like I said I have an anti-weight addiction.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

With the prices of energy and materials which can and do effect production costs and daily routine activities, I agree that being particular with to part design is paramount. Can't always save weight, but where it works well, it does pay to do so.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Strano rear bar question