Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni sa rears and stock front?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Koni sa rears and stock front?

Hello everyone after researching for the best shocks for my car i came to the conclusion to order Koni's i just ordered the rears and plan to continue to save up for the fronts. My question is though when they arive can i just install the koni rears and leave the stock shocks on until i buy the fronts or would you just set them aside and install them all at once. I baught the single adjustables i dont want to adjust the car too much i just want to find a comforatable ride most likely the soft setting to smoothen the car out do you think i made the right decision? My future for the suspension include strano springs, and tubular control arms, and a tourque arm eventually. My goal is to make the car ride smoother and be able to handle some of the rough roads around NY here thanks ahead of time!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nothing wrong with installing the rears first, other than the fact that it will make you want to buy the fronts that much more.....
Old 06-20-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got kyb agx fronts and had stock rears on hotchkis springs. The car seemed really loose, it bounced a lot, and the ride was very rough. I was on the rear bumpstops a lot.

I bought 4th gen Koni SA rears and after some adjusting it stays off the bumpstops a lot less but the front still seems very floaty. Ride is a little improved over hotchkis springs with stock shocks. I'd imagine the Koni SA fronts would do a world of difference in ride comfort for my setup and yours.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Right on... so put the konis in and get the fronts asap, these things have such great reviews cant wait to see what all the talk is about, im hopeing it was worth the coin. When i first baught the car last year my main concern was going fast but now i want to build the foundation go figure?
Old 06-20-2008, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

I went ahead and got both the fronts and the rears. What is the setting on them out of the box, firm or soft.I don't want to mess them up when I go to adjust them
Old 06-20-2008, 10:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02ArcticZ
Right on... so put the konis in and get the fronts asap, these things have such great reviews cant wait to see what all the talk is about, im hopeing it was worth the coin. When i first baught the car last year my main concern was going fast but now i want to build the foundation go figure?
i dont really plan on doing a lot to the motor to make if faster, my main concern is the ride. i dont race/drag/or autox

i drive my car merely for the joy of driving it, its fast already, just want to make it even smoother.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Koni's are the best bar none.After you install them you will wonder how you drove without them.It's like a totally different car.It was the best money I ever spent.You can do the rears and then the fronts if you had to.You will love them.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Awesome thanks for the replies guys, and i think they are at the sofftest setting out of the box i read a post on this site, thats most likely where i will leave them maybe a little firmer? Unless someone has a suggestion for a setting to get the car to ride "wife freindly" Note iam 20 years old and single not married lol.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd like to comment on the Koni SA's that even though many would like to question this mod due to it's price, they're worth practically every penny of it. If only one end has to be done, it's definitely the rear that's in need of it.