Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lower control arm help

Old 06-21-2008, 09:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lower control arm help

So I have a 99 a4 z28. It has full exhaust, ls6 intake, 3.73's and a tune. It is the stock stall. I was thinking of getting lower control arms and relo. brackets. I was figuring on just going with some non-adjustable ones now since my setup is not that radical. What do you guys think I should go with?

EDIT: I usually drive the car once every week and a half or so, and I run a high school bracket class at the track and plan on running a little street class next year.

Last edited by DSkyles; 06-21-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

Bryan @ Pavlock Performance sell the double adjustable LCA for a little more than none adjustable, with the adjustable you may fine tune the rear thrust line. the rod/rod end ones make some noise and ride a little ruff, but I like them, you may be better serviced with bushing/bushing ends,
good luck,Johnny
Old 06-21-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

I love my Hotchkis LCAs. Completely eliminated my terrible wheelhop.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

my car is a 2000 a4 and i put on some UMI non-adjustables about a month ago. definetly a huge difference in wheel hop. didn't completely get rid of it but even when the wheels are skipping it's pulling pretty hard. only mods are lid and cutout with stock 3.23's. ONLY downside is a "BOT" when you hit a big bump. overall ride also feels a lot firmer and more stable with them. for a lightly modded street car i'd say they're the way to go.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DSkyles
So I have a 99 a4 z28. It has full exhaust, ls6 intake, 3.73's and a tune. It is the stock stall. I was thinking of getting lower control arms and relo. brackets. I was figuring on just going with some non-adjustable ones now since my setup is not that radical. What do you guys think I should go with?

EDIT: I usually drive the car once every week and a half or so, and I run a high school bracket class at the track and plan on running a little street class next year.
I'd say at least choose an "adjustible" arm with at least one rod-end in it. If you're going to worry about regularly drag racing and considering it will be driven to the track, why not spend a little more to remove most of the material deflection and axial bind at least in one end, plus when the rod end wears out, it's easy to replace.

EDIT: since you also run in a bracket race, the adjustibility will help correct any thrust angle errors as well.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:48 AM
12 Second Club

I would do the adj. LCA! I just ran into this problem! lowered my car, got a set of non-adj. LCA and relocation brackets, put them on and guess what, my rear end is waaaay off, by like 1'', I got the on car adj. on the way though, BMR is hooking me up!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lower control arm help