Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Don't have the key to adjust KONI SA shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Don't have the key to adjust KONI SA shocks

I don't have the key to change the setting on my KONI SA shocks. Can I use a common tool to adjust them? I didn't try anything yet, I didn't want to screw anything up.
Also, what direction makes them firm? What is a good setting to start with? How many settings are there- 8? I'm more into comfort and the roads here are absolute crap so I was going to go 6 clicks from full firm if there were 8 settings. I know I can't take ramps as fast but that is fine. I'm more of a straight line acceleration person myself anyway.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used an allen wrench. And yes if you want more comfortable ride make them softer i guess you could start off 6 sweeps from full firm or you could start from full soft and firm it up from there.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2.5mm Allen wrench IIRC. 4 from full firm on the fronts and 1 from full soft on the rears here.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you talking the fronts or rears. the fronts dont come with a tool. the rear is supposed to come with a plastic ****.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I'm going to start on full soft so is that all the way to the left? And how many settings are there?

Also, I didn't use the huge 2 inch washers when installing mine on the front. I figured the stock set-up worked fine. I didn't have directions either and couldn't find any so I hope it doesn't say, "Don't forget the washers provided. If you do you may die!"
Old 06-28-2008, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

its been a year since i installed mine, but im pretty sure i used the big washers. i wouldnt go full soft, that would be too sloppy. i again forget where mine are, but id start with 4-6 sweeps from full soft, and see how you like it. my rears are almost always full soft. believe me, a half turn of the rears makes a differance, so dont go crazy with adjusting.

what numbers is your twin turbo making??
Old 06-29-2008, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

I installed a set of SAs a couple months ago in El Paso. It took me all of about a month to finally get the setting I wanted on the car. EP roads are terrible, but I managed to get the car stable, and uninterrupted on bumps (my first attempt left me bouncing all over the place- pretty scared of the car at that point).

I recently moved back to North Carolina, and I'm even more pleased with these shocks. One last adjustment, and I'm as smooth as my coworkers Z06! Now all I need is to replace the 10 yr old ball joints and bushings and I'll be where I want to be.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SStolen
I think I'm going to start on full soft so is that all the way to the left? And how many settings are there?

Also, I didn't use the huge 2 inch washers when installing mine on the front. I figured the stock set-up worked fine. I didn't have directions either and couldn't find any so I hope it doesn't say, "Don't forget the washers provided. If you do you may die!"
The washers make sure the upper spring mount has a level surface to sit on. Put them on. They didn't include them because they thought it would be fun.

There are 8 sweeps on the front shocks.

Use the short end of the 2.5mm allen wrench to adjust them.

If you look just above the adjustment window, there is a + and a -. - is softer, + is firmer.

-Mike

Quick Reply: Don't have the key to adjust KONI SA shocks