Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Shocks

Old 06-27-2008, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Koni Shocks

I plan on getting some for the front and rear but are the Double A. extremly better then the single A.?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

unless you are building an all out drag car and plan to be really competitive.. the single A will be best for ya. Even Sam Strano who drags his car a shitload is using and recommends the single a.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

thats all i needed to know, Thanks.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroguy26
unless you are building an all out drag car and plan to be really competitive.. the single A will be best for ya. Even Sam Strano who drags his car a shitload is using and recommends the single a.
wait....what?

last i checked, Sam was not so much into drag racing as he was auto-x/road racing.

and Koni's (either S/A or D/A) are not the best shocks for drag racing....they're designed to give the car really good handling.

if drag is what you're into, then QA1's are more ideally suited for the application.

but even then it really depends on whether your car will still be daily driven or not....if so, i'd still go with the Koni shocks, as there have been people cutting 1.5-second 60' times on Koni S/A's, and QA1's suck for handling.

OP, what are your plans for the car? just a daily driver? auto-x/road race? drag racing?

Search this Thread