Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Is This Normal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is This Normal?

I have a Spohn tunnel mounted torque arm and its noisey as hell. If I take off hard I don't notice the clunking, but if I shift like a normal human being it clunks when the suspension unloads inbetween shifts. I didn't really notice it when I had the auto in my car but not its bad. I'm ready to get rid of this thing and go back to a tranny mounted arm, or at least a relocated full length arm.

Everything on my car is tight and I have looked over everything, but its just "clunky" Just wondering if its normal for one of these arms.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-30-2008, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes it is normal. I had one too on my previous ride and was going to swap it out had I kept the car. My current ride will get a stock length adj. TA with one of these. I installed one on my friends firebird along with one of these and works great and no noise.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:32 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah thats what I'm planning, cause the TA is really annoying. If I was building a drag car it would be acceptable, but being a street/road race car its starting to **** me off a little. Plus the thing hangs really low and would like to gain a little ground clearence while I'm at it