Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line lock not working anymore.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Line lock not working anymore.

I have a summit brand line lock that i installed on my 2002 camaro. The line lock worked the first couple of times i engauged it, but now it will not work anymore. I the abs block the reason that its not working, do i need to buy a abs delete kit (sjm)? This is the second soleniod that summit has sent me, and when I hold the momentary switch the light turns on and the soleniod clicks so do think that its enguaging. What should I Do????

Old 07-03-2008, 10:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ABS block working or not wouldn't effect the solenoid.

If you hear the solenoid clicking...means current is flowing to the coil. Check and see if you have debris in your solenoid. If you take it apart, there is a needle valve and a seat. If debris is inhibiting it from sealing, it will not fully engage and close...Even though you may hear it click.

It could be a remote possibility your connections are not solid in which the solenoid isn't receiving enough current. You'd have to check that with a multi-meter. (or the coil itself may not be operating correctly).

On a side note, your using incorrect fittings that do not have the correct thread pitch nor correct termination. I'm surprized at the least, it is not leaking. It most certainly is not safe.

If you can't get it to work, we can provide you with one of our new kits with pre-formed lines. It will clean up your work quite a bit. You can either choose the ABS delete kit or the line lock kit. Removing ABS will remove quite a bit of clutter, it is up to you.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Restricted User

what's up fellow HPJer,
The SJM kits are nice, not a bad choice if you find the problem is not in your wiring.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:31 AM
On The Tree

thanks for all your help

Quick Reply: Line lock not working anymore.