Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear brakes aren't working

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear brakes aren't working

I just put a Moser 9" in my car and now the rear brakes aren't working. I took them all apart and couldn't figure out what the peoblem was. I went ahead and put all new rotors and pads on. I did find that one of the calipers wasn't sliding on the pins, so I also replaced that. I bled the brakes out. When I got it back together, they still don't work.

The car is a 3 channel ABS, but the rear has no ABS provisions, so the sensor is hanging unplugged. Also, the brake light on the dash is on.

I just can't figure this out. HELP!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SprayedLT1
I just put a Moser 9" in my car and now the rear brakes aren't working. I took them all apart and couldn't figure out what the peoblem was. I went ahead and put all new rotors and pads on. I did find that one of the calipers wasn't sliding on the pins, so I also replaced that. I bled the brakes out. When I got it back together, they still don't work.

The car is a 3 channel ABS, but the rear has no ABS provisions, so the sensor is hanging unplugged. Also, the brake light on the dash is on.

I just can't figure this out. HELP!
So did the rear did not come with ABS? Hmm...should still work, i'd try posting this in the rear-end section https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axles-15/ , I'm betting those guys have a lot more experience with this.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I just didn't get the brakes bled out good enough, but I've had the worst luck with this car lately, so I'm just taking it to a shop. I'm tired of working on it all the time.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SprayedLT1
I think I just didn't get the brakes bled out good enough, but I've had the worst luck with this car lately, so I'm just taking it to a shop. I'm tired of working on it all the time.
Sorry to hear that, good luck man.

Quick Reply: Rear brakes aren't working