Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Is It Bad To: Koni's out back QA1 Up Front

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Is It Bad To: Koni's out back QA1 Up Front

Alright, so, I have QA1 drag shocks and I drive on the street.
Needless to say, I'm getting SICK and TIRED of these damn shocks. I can't even drive fast, in fear of hitting a bump and my car slamming to all hell.

I have subframe connectors, relocating brackets, lower control arms, AUTOFAB coil over system, STB, tubular K member, and the last owner couldn't tell me what kind of lowering springs are on, he didnt know. They're gray if that helps at all, I think pro-kits are gray.. but probably every other shock is too.

anyway, is it bad to have the rear koni sports out back until I get the funds to change the fronts? My rear is my biggest problem at the moment, and I can't stand it anymore. I figured I could have koni's in the back and adjust the front QA1's to be softer, (or any other way that anyone suggests?)

But idk, I can't afford full koni's, as of right now, all I have is saved money.

If not i'm probably going KYB AGX shocks.

Thanks everyone
Old 07-18-2008, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody know if this is a bad temporary mismatch?
Old 07-18-2008, 11:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

You can do it. All that will happen is you'll have better rear shocks than fronts. Won't be dangerous, you'll just confirm what you already know--QA1's aren't Koni's.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just save up man. Its worth the weight to do it all at once. The rear is going to feel a hell of alot better than the front. I was running around with stock, high milage shocks (which would allow almost as much weight transfer and offer more corner control than QA1s) in the front and SAs in the rear for about 3 days or so, and I noticed the car tended to oversteer in transitions where it was fine before with 4 stock shocks. Not to say that this would have as much of an effect, as say a mismatched swaybar combination with an oversized rear bar, but i definently noticed a change in the cars behavior. Once all 4 Konis were on the car was 100000000x better.

Its just alot better to do it all at once IMO