Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano springs and other changes

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strano springs and other changes

So I finally bought the Strano springs to swap out with the Vogtland that were on the car when I bought it. The car was basically bottoming out, and bouncing everywhere, mostly from the rearend. I also bought the SSBC brake kit from summit (rotors and pads) and threw on the fronts, ran out of time and wanted to drive it. The stopping difference is amazing, from 10 year old, 50k mile rotors/pads to the new stuff as expected. The ride height went up a bit all around, .5 to a whole inch which is exactly what I wanted. Took to the bumpiest roads around and it drove like a cadillac compared to before. No uncontrollable bouncing, or the rearend wanting to pop out around hard corners with any tiny bump. Car feels safe and is pleasant to drive. Also went from the 5.0 stick to the UMI short stick, amazing change. Have the shifter gaskets coming in, see how they reduce the noise. Sam, amazing springs you have. Best money I spent on the car next to the 12-bolt
Old 07-21-2008, 03:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm glad you like the springs, and appreicate the before/after comparison.

Just goes to show... while my springs are made for me by Vogtland, they are *COMPLETEY DIFFERENT* and not just relabeled parts like some have been led to believe.

FWIW I want to point out that both my Strano SP141 springs and the Vogtland springs claim to lower a similar amount. As you can see, this isn't the case and it's not because my springs don't lower the car. The entire design, from the rates, to the free lengths to the windings are what I wanted. Not a copy of someone else's, and not a relabeled production spring. And here you see the results.

Thanks for posting you results. The best advertising is a happy customer.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Strano springs and other changes