Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strut Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strut Mounts

Wheres the cheaoest place to buy them? My brother said that he could get them for me for $48 each, but is there anywhere cheaper? A friend of mine's brother works at oreillys and might be able to get them cheaper but I'll find out tomorrow. Anyplace online cheaper that $48 each?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Launching!

That's as cheap as you're gonna get. Even rockauto has them at $54. Keep in mind dealer list for these is about $100, so $48 is pretty damn cheap.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Luder[PAK9]
That's as cheap as you're gonna get. Even rockauto has them at $54. Keep in mind dealer list for these is about $100, so $48 is pretty damn cheap.
Yeah I'm just really broke right now and $100 is alot to spend, but I need them so I'm gonna have to spend the money

Thanks for the reply
Old 07-28-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

Yea i went to Napa in a pinch because I couldn't get the upper shock bolt off. I ordered it and it came in at like 110 bones. Needless to say before the order came in for me to pick up i tried like hell to get that damn bolt off. With the right tools it did, and I saved myself 110 dollars. Napa was good about canceling and giving me a refund.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuffguy610
Yea i went to Napa in a pinch because I couldn't get the upper shock bolt off. I ordered it and it came in at like 110 bones. Needless to say before the order came in for me to pick up i tried like hell to get that damn bolt off. With the right tools it did, and I saved myself 110 dollars. Napa was good about canceling and giving me a refund.
I couldnt get my bolt off either...so I toon a grinder with a cut off wheel on it and cut the bolt/end of the shock off and it worked like a champ. It took 2min to do. If your not trying to reuse your shockes thats best way to get a stuck bolt off IMO.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Yea I sat there with a dremel for a while. I ended up hacking it up pretty bad. The thing was that I couldn't get the dremel wheel in there to cut it where it mattered. My friend helped by getting one of those reverse threaded stripped bolt removers that has the teeth built in that grabs onto the mangled nut. We spun it right off with an impact gun.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuffguy610
Yea I sat there with a dremel for a while. I ended up hacking it up pretty bad. The thing was that I couldn't get the dremel wheel in there to cut it where it mattered. My friend helped by getting one of those reverse threaded stripped bolt removers that has the teeth built in that grabs onto the mangled nut. We spun it right off with an impact gun.
It would take forever with a dremel. I used a 5in grinder with a cut off wheel...came in from the top and cut down verticaly the center of the end of the shock and through the center of the bolt...then too a screw driver and hammer and knocked the two pieces of the nut off. I dont thing there would be any way to cut it off horizontal under the bottom of the nut.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Well I got a good set from a member on here for $35 shipped. Hopefully this weekend My car will sit quite a bit lower than before and I'm still using the stock shocks for now since I'm broke but will be getting AGXs or konis this winter as well as a long list of other parts