Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What to do next? Picked up some suspesion parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What to do next? Picked up some suspesion parts

Recently I picked up a Really nice 96 Formula WS6 M6. I figured Id start with the suspesion first. This will be my DD for a while then retired to a street strip car. I like the stock ride height and it Handles fine. I want to beef it all Up for drag racing but still handles nice.

These are the parts Ive got so far and the car will be running a Drag Radial and a unbolted front sway bar at the track.
What should I do next??? Or should I move on to the motor, rearend and trans now.
Ill start putting it all on tonight.
Oh within a week or so the Heads and cam and headers will be ordered.

BMR strut tower brace
BMR Hardtop subframe connectors
BMR PHD
BMR Boxed LCA
UMI Tunnel Mounted Adj. TA with DL
along with all the stock WS6 stuff

Any thoughts
Thanks
Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lower control arm relocation brackets. they're supposed to help a bit even at stock ride height.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup relocation brackets are cheap and definitely noticeable w/ improved traction..also why go with UMI on the torque arm? I just went from a UMI chassis mounted torque arm w/ dsl and I'm switching crossmembers to BMR because it is a much better piece than UMI or Spohns. not to mention i have a **** ton more room for my exhaust. Just tryin to keep you from makin the same mistakes I did...also gear whine will be amplified like 20x with a chassis mounted torque arm
Old 07-29-2008, 07:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

I would recommend a set of relocation brackets as well, very inexpensive traction device and will really add to the mods you have already. I posted two links below-

www.umiperformance.com/2010
www.umiperformance.com/2012

In the suspension area the next thing is shocks, there are a few options depending on what you want to do with the car... but I would consider those for future.

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!

Ryan
Old 07-29-2008, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

yeah I was thinking about the relocation brackets, but heard they really didnt help on a stock height ride. If it doesnt change the ride height Ill pick some up today. What about an Upper panhard bar? Worth it?

Also I went with the UMI TA because it was in stock and the BMR wasnt. I really couldnt decide on wich Brand I wanted anyways so I grabed the UMI.
By looking at them in this style they look very similar to each other. I got the tunnel mounted TA with Driveshaft loop for longtube headers#2203. From pics its almost Identical to the BMR clearance wise.
Ryan will this one work with stock manifolds or a set of SLP mids I have sitting in the garage untill I get my LTs?
thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 10:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The relocation brackets will work just as well on a stock height car. When being used at stock height vehicle the brackets will work as a anti-squat brackets forcing the rear end into the ground and lifting the body. They do this by moving the instant center point.

The upper panhard bar is for exhaust clearance only and would not be a worth while upgrade unless that is what you are using it for.

The torque arm should clear just fine for now.

Let me know if I can help anymore. Thank you!

Ryan
Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks alot! I wanted to put it on lastnite but didnt feel like messing with it, if it wouldnt fit with the Stock exhaust.
As for those Mids Ill just wait untill the LTs get here.

How about the Granatelli UPHB? That looks like a beefy & pretty stocker replacement. Any benift on that one?

Quick Reply: What to do next? Picked up some suspesion parts