Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

"high performance ride & handling suspsension"

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "high performance ride & handling suspsension"

alright so i started looking into members threads about stock shocks and eibach pro kit springs. got me wondering about the shocks on my car. i know mine are delphi shocks and they ride horribly with aftermarket springs, i get this "holy **** what was that" running through my head every time i hit a lil bump. so i found my original window sticker and i see under "SS performance/appearence package includes:..."high performance ride & handling suspsension" ...

are the delphi shocks really part of this high performance ordeal? i was always told billsteins were the ""high performance" shocks optional on the SS when we ordered them. hope i dont sound too clueless but i never really looked into it.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you only get the crap decarbons with that package you have to have level II to get the good shocks. It sucks.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:19 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Here's the simple way to know what you have. Are they Yellow and Blue or Orange? The Bilstein's are yellow and the DeCarbon's are Orange. Remember that "high performance options" are kind of relative. The springs that came on the Bilstein cars weren't as low as yours and the rates were also different. Basically even the Bilstein's, while better than DeCarbon's aren't good for the springs (and you don't have great springs, but you could do worse too).

You saw the ride go to hell with the spring change. The shocks are the same. That shows you how proper (or in this case more improper) damping messes with how a suspension works. You need better shocks, regardless of which you have because you clearly aren't happy with the mis-match--which isn't a surprise.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: "high performance ride & handling suspsension"