Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering and alignment question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lowering and alignment question

i recently lowered my car (99 z28) with the eibach pro-kit up front. i did the heater hose mod in the back to keep the slanted look. question is what are the best alignment specs to give the shop so they will get it right. ive found these so far from researching:

-.5 to -1.0 camber
+4.5 caster
0.0 toe

do those numbers sound alright? also should i ask for a four wheel alignment to adjust the thrust angle from the rear being moved after lowering. i put an adj phb on too. thanks for any help
Old 08-01-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by run em down
i recently lowered my car (99 z28) with the eibach pro-kit up front. i did the heater hose mod in the back to keep the slanted look. question is what are the best alignment specs to give the shop so they will get it right. ive found these so far from researching:

-.5 to -1.0 camber
+4.5 caster
0.0 toe

do those numbers sound alright? also should i ask for a four wheel alignment to adjust the thrust angle from the rear being moved after lowering. i put an adj phb on too. thanks for any help
Make sure you find a shop that will do custom alignments. A lot of chain store shops will only do alignments in the factory spec range.
Some shops will never get the camber, or caster exactly where you want it, so shoot for +4 to +4.5 on the caster, IMO

Quick Reply: lowering and alignment question