Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bilstein's are back in stock.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Bilstein's are back in stock.

I have 12 sets available. Cost has gone up since last we had them. $399 a set.

I use a different rear shock as I do not like the current rear valving and prefer other valvings that I feel are better.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partsmain.php

Just pick your year and model car and the Bilstein's will show up.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm confused, on the link it says, "Strano specific setup" but later it says, "These are not Revalves and are best suited to stock springs."

So what setup are the shocks for: Strano springs or stock springs? Also would KYBs be a better choice for a Strano spring setup for a street car?
Old 08-05-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like he is talking about just normal blistens revalves of course are more......hope that helps.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

It's because Sam doesn't like the valving of the 4th gen Bilstein and uses a different rear Bilstein that has better valving for his package.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

So what setup are the shocks for: Strano springs or stock springs? Also would KYBs be a better choice for a Strano spring setup for a street car?
excellent question???
Old 08-05-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-06-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Easy..stock springs...Sam has never liked using the stock blistiens for springs they even say don't do this. Sams revalves were made to fill that gap and allow for some springs. The konis allow for about any spring.

So no you dont' get a great set of shocks for springs for 400 these are for stock springs ONLY.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by coolformula
Easy..stock springs...Sam has never liked using the stock blistiens for springs they even say don't do this. Sams revalves were made to fill that gap and allow for some springs. The konis allow for about any spring.

So no you dont' get a great set of shocks for springs for 400 these are for stock springs ONLY.
Aw too bad. I shouldn't be spending money on shocks anyways lol
Old 08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

They are best used for stock springs. These are NOT revalves. And someone mentioned it before. I use a different rear shock (with better production valving). I'm the one who knows about the valving and how the "normal HD's" differ from what I do, and can explain why. Hence the "strano specific" setup. It's not what is listed in a catalog, and not what you'd get some other vendor.

If you want to use them with lowering springs, that's your business. I don't recommend it, they are best suited for stock springs.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Hi sam, are you still doing the bilstien revalves to be matched with your springs? Couldn't really find them on your site.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

No plans to at this time. Between the higher prices on the Bilstein's which adds cost, the price on revalves would be around $600 (previously they were $530). With Koni's starting @ $770, I don't know it's worth it to give up *both* adjustability and the warranty. Yeah, it's $170.... that's about 4 fill-ups of Premium Fuel. Considering the shocks will be in place a lot longer than that gas, I don't think Revalves offer the bang for the buck they used to.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Sounds good, I will just stick with the Konis. You do have your springs in stock currently correct? I know they were on back order for a while.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

They've been in since May. In fact I've run though most and am almost out (and it will be quite a while for more).

Old 08-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Launching!

Sam,on a scale of 1-10, how would you compare the deCarbons to Koni SA's to these Bilsteins? All with stock springs. The rating should consider impact harshness and "floatiness."

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If DeCarbon's new are a 3, and old beat down ones are a 1. Given your criteria the Bilstein's they way they are commonly sold are 4 or 5. The way I do them (with the different rear shock valving) is 6? Koni's being 9 or 10 depending on which rear setup you pick, as the 4th gens give you more range of adjustment so they'd be the 10.

It's an arbitrary scale. I can tell you that since Bilstein changed valvings a few years ago I started to get calls from folks that were less than impressed with the change (usually the ones with low miles cars with better shocks to start with like SS's, WS6's). That NEVER happened before, which and I chased it down mostly to a rear shock issue which is why I don't use the same rear shock everyone else does.

Quick Reply: Bilstein's are back in stock.